Curated by James Schreier
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by James Schreier
April 6, 2015 6:46 AM
Scoop.it!

Your Past Experience Won't Get You A Job

Your Past Experience Won't Get You A Job | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Whenever I see an interview question about “past experience,” I’m reminded of the question, “Is there any other kind?” But experience won't get you a job.
James Schreier's insight:

I consider all of the article I write for CAREEREALISM important but this may one of the most important -- because it reflects a reality too many job seekers ignore!!

No comment yet.
December 18, 2014 7:49 PM
Scoop.it!

Solving The Retention Puzzle (Part 3)

Solving The Retention Puzzle (Part 3) | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Need a better retention strategy for your employees? In Part 3 of this series on employee retention, you'll learn why offering training is crucial.
No comment yet.
November 3, 2014 8:25 AM
Scoop.it!

How To Nail The 2nd Interview

How To Nail The 2nd Interview | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
You made it past round one, the initial interview. Good for you! Now, here's how you can nail the 2nd interview and get the job. Bring it on!

Let’s begin with the ideal scenario. Based on your own preparation, this is a position at an organization that you’d really like. And you’re very pleased with how the first interview went. Now, what about this second interview?

No comment yet.
October 13, 2014 4:24 PM
Scoop.it!

The 'Skills Gap' Issue For Job Seekers

The 'Skills Gap' Issue For Job Seekers | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
The debate over a “skills gap” isn't new – but, in recent weeks, it’s escalated because of some very interesting and different perspectives of the issue.

This is an extremely important issue that is being talked about and written about a lot -- but it's not being really explored for implications.

No comment yet.
September 8, 2014 5:56 AM
Scoop.it!

Favorite Job Interview Questions May Not Be The Best - Part 4

Favorite Job Interview Questions May Not Be The Best - Part 4 | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Always stumped for answers during interviews? Some employers' favorite job interview questions aren't the best, but you CAN answer them well. Here's how.

The final part of what turned out to be a much longer post than I expected but these are issues that I feel very strongly about -- so I hope the detailed analysis and discussion helps individuals prepare for interviews.

No comment yet.
August 19, 2014 9:52 AM
Scoop.it!

Favorite Job Interview Questions May Not Be Best

Favorite Job Interview Questions May Not Be Best | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
An article on LinkedIn presented the “Favorite Job Interview Questions” from 13 CEO’s. I rated them and they're not as great as they think. Here's why.

Part I of a series -- I like the author's thoughts (LOL).

James Schreier's curator insight, August 19, 2014 10:16 AM

I'm obviously biased toward this author's opinions (LOL) but people in HR need to pay attention to the good, the bad, and the ugly of interview questions.  This is part of a series.

James Schreier's curator insight, August 19, 2014 10:18 AM

I'm biased toward this author's opinions.  But HR needs to pay attention to the good, the bad, and the ugly here.

June 27, 2013 9:16 AM
Scoop.it!

Futuring Skills For Career Success

Futuring Skills For Career Success | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
There's a skill set that can become a critical factor in a person’s career success – FUTURING. Learn more about futuring and how it can help you.
No comment yet.
March 23, 2015 12:47 PM
Scoop.it!

Would HR Managers Review YOUR Resume?

Would HR Managers Review YOUR Resume? | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Would HR managers review YOUR resume? In this experiment, four resumes were presented to HR managers, and the results might surprise you...
No comment yet.
November 26, 2014 8:19 AM
Scoop.it!

S.M.A.R.T. Goals For Job Seekers

S.M.A.R.T. Goals For Job Seekers | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
For Job Seekers, S.M.A.R.T. Goals can be a powerful tool to guide the process. Learn how to create, set, and achieve your S.M.A.R.T goals as a job seeker.
No comment yet.
October 20, 2014 8:01 AM
Scoop.it!

Solving The Retention Puzzle (Part 1)

Solving The Retention Puzzle (Part 1) | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Retaining top performers in today’s competitive environment remains a puzzle for many organizations. This is the first step in solving the retention puzzle.

This is the start of a relatively long series of posts I'm preparing on retention.

No comment yet.
September 22, 2014 8:15 AM
Scoop.it!

Focus – A Critical Skill For Job Seekers

Focus – A Critical Skill For Job Seekers | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
In a world where job seekers are presented with thousands of pieces of “job hunting” advice, the need to develop the skill of focus is critical. Here's why.

In today's world of overwhelming information, focus is becoming a critical skill.

No comment yet.
August 25, 2014 8:02 AM
Scoop.it!

Favorite Interview Questions May Not Be The Best - Part 2

Favorite Interview Questions May Not Be The Best - Part 2 | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
In Part 1 of this series, I analyzed the first six questions from an article called, “Favorite Job Interview Questions." Let's see how these match up.

Again, obviously biased -- the next two parts of this series will provide possible responses to these  questions.  The reality is that you will be asked bad questions -- but you don't have to give bad answers.

No comment yet.
July 17, 2013 5:03 PM
Scoop.it!

Interview Preparation Is More Than Just Practice

Interview Preparation Is More Than Just Practice | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Interview preparation is more than just “practice-practice-practice.” Here are some things you should do and remember for your next interview.

This is the third in the series and I really like this one because one of my friends from "Jersey Boys" provided the insights and a great interview to make this work.

No comment yet.
June 14, 2013 5:11 AM
Scoop.it!

Am I My Resume? Best Job Search Practices

Am I My Resume? Best Job Search Practices | 212 Careers | Scoop.it
Are you your resume? Here are some great examples of practices in the performing arts that support some of the best hiring and job seeking practices.
No comment yet.