Follow
70:20:10
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by Andrew Gerkens
Scoop.it!

Workplace learning that works

Andrew Gerkens's insight:

Many organisations struggle to understand how to create, implement and measure the impact of targeted experiential and social learning solutions. I took some work on Adding and Extracting done by the Corporate Executive Board and further explored by Charles Jennings, and turned it into the Adding, Embedding, Extracting Model - a more holistic view of workplace learning.

The project improved my understanding of experiential and social learning. It also allowed me to build a body of work around the model, including a range of solution design tools and guidance, which have been made available to 70:20:10 Forum members to assist them in applying the model to practice.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Workplace Learning through Adding, Embedding and Extracting

Workplace Learning through Adding, Embedding and Extracting | 70:20:10 | Scoop.it

g ILT - January 2014 Issue

Charles Jennings talks about implementing the 70:20:10 and the Adding, Embedding & Extracting model for harnessing the 70 and 20 or workplace learning elements of the framework

Andrew Gerkens's curator insight, April 22, 2014 9:40 PM

Charles Jennings talks about implementing the 70:20:10 and the Adding, Embedding & Extracting model for harnessing the 70 and 20 or workplace learning elements of the framework

Scoop.it!

Hardship: A Different Kind of Challenging Experience ('70')

Hardship: A Different Kind of Challenging Experience ('70') | 70:20:10 | Scoop.it
Hardship is an important but often under-appreciated aspect of experience-driven leadership development.

We often talk about the role of new and stretch assignments within the 70:20:10. This post explores how hardship can be a powerful source of learning - through difficult experience. 

The post suggests hardship often falls outside of the 70:20:10, but I disagree. I see experiential learning capturing all facets of learning through experience - new and challenging experiences, help to solve problems and reflective practice.

Hardship may not be planned and can occur suddenly, but reflective practice, performance support and networks ('70' & '20') can play an important role in supporting the person/team through the hardship and ensuring the experience creates learning and wisdom that can be used for future benefit.

No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Workplace Learning through Adding, Embedding and Extracting

Workplace Learning through Adding, Embedding and Extracting | 70:20:10 | Scoop.it

g ILT - January 2014 Issue

Andrew Gerkens's curator insight, March 5, 2014 6:27 PM