Follow
70:20:10
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by Andrew Gerkens
Scoop.it!

The foundations of innovation in L&D

The foundations of innovation in L&D | 70:20:10 | Scoop.it
There are two sides of the innovation coin in corporate learning & development: technology and pedagogy. The former is rather obvious and is often conflated with the term innovation. Futuristic hardware and magical software that educates everyone at the press of a button are tempting "solutions". Some folks call this mindset Shiny New Toy Syndrome,…
Andrew Gerkens's insight:

Ryan Tracey uses 70:20:10 as a simple, but strategic tool for considering innovation in L&D. He highlights the role of the ESN (which can connect, bridge and enable the 70 & 10 elements), as well as moving away from the need to create (generic) content.

In addition to the performance focus he speaks of, integrating the generic content frees L&D up to play a more active role in supporting the organisation to connect, share, solve and create at speed (work out loud) -  the more value added work that equips the organisation to respond to complex problems and build capacity for collaborative growth. 

No comment yet.
Scooped by Andrew Gerkens
Scoop.it!

The 70:20:10 lens

The 70:20:10 lens | 70:20:10 | Scoop.it
In 70:20:10 for trainers I advocated the use of the 70:20:10 model by L&D professionals as a lens through which to view their instructional design. The excellent comments on my post, and insightful blog posts by others – notably Mark Britz, Clark Quinn and Arun Pradhan – have prompted me to think deeper about my…
No comment yet.