\WONDERING WHAT THIS BIODIVERSITY STUFF I ALL ABOUT?
GREAT 3-MINUTE VIDEO ANIMATION
"AWESOME: BIODIVERSITY VISUALIZED"
Vancouver Film School via The TEEB Study: UNEP @TEEB
Visit http://www.vfs.com/blog/2010/08/13/international-year-of-biodiversity/ to find out more about this video and the International Year of Biodiversity! .
WHAT IS BIODIVERSITY
TerraDaily, March 18, 2014
UNDERSTANDING HOW MOUNTAINS AND RIVERS MAKE LIFE POSSIBLE http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Understanding_how_mountains_and_rivers_make_life_possible_999.html
A TED VIDEO
Louie Schwartzberg: TED.com
"HIDDEN MIRACLES OF THE NATURAL WORLD"
We live in a world of unseeable beauty, so subtle and delicate that it is imperceptible to the human eye. To bring this invisible world to light, filmmaker Louie Schwartzberg bends the boundaries of time and space with high-speed cameras, time lapses and microscopes.
-▶ NATURE HAS THE ANSWERS: WE ARE SURROUNDED BY GENIUS - WHOLE SYSTEMS DESIGN BY NATURE http://sco.lt/7maN5V
Guardian Environment, February 14, 2015
-▶ UP TO HALF THE WORLD'S SPECIES WILL BE GONE BY 2050. PREPARE TO BE APPALLED http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/feb/14/sixth-extinction-unnatural-history-kolbert-review?CMP=twt_gu
NPR FreshAir, February 12, 2014
Interview With Elizabeth Kolbert, Author
▶ IN THE WORLD'S "SIXTH EXTINCTION": ARE HUMANS THE ASTEROID? Elizabeth Kolbert is the author of the new book The Sixth Extinction. It begins with a history of the "big five" extinctions of the past, and goes on to explain how human behavior is creating this sixth one — including our use of fossil fuels and the effects of climate change.
"We are effectively undoing the beauty and the variety and the richness of the world which has taken tens of millions of years to reach," Kolbert tells Fresh Air's Terry Gross. "... We're sort of unraveling that. ... We're doing, it's often said, a massive experiment on the planet and we really don't know what the end point is going to be." http://www.npr.org/2014/02/12/275885377/in-the-worlds-sixth-extinction-are-humans-the-asteroid
Live Science, February 10, 2014
- ▶ LAST TIME, IT TOOK 60,000 YEARS TO KILL NEARLY EVERYTHING ON EARTH: WE'RE DOING IT IN 250 YEARS http://www.livescience.com/43245-permian-mass-extinction-duration.html
- ▶ NO TO BIODIVERSITY OFFSETTING: CONSERVING OUR BIODIVERSITY IS BECOMING DEPENDENT ON IT DESTRUCTION http://sco.lt/6ZjXGr
- ▶ WHY BIODIVERSITY IS IMPORTANT? http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/conservation/biodiversity/importance/default.aspx
THE IMPACT OF VANISHING BIODIVERSITY ON HUMAN HEALTH http://news.linktv.org/videos/the-impact-of-vanishing-biodiversity-on-human-health
- ▶ BIODIVERSITY IS VITAL TO MAINTAINING ECOSYSTEM AND HUMAN HEALTH http://sco.lt/5gy5Q1
Conservation Magazine, University of Washington
- ▶ LETTING BIODIVERSITY GET UNDER OUR SKIN http://conservationmagazine.org/2012/09/biodiversity-under-our-skin-2/
- ▶ WHY GOOGLE AND SONY ARE TURNING TO NATURE TO INSPIRE THEIR LEADERS http://sco.lt/5SDsGH
HuffPost Green, February 17, 2014
-▶ E.O.WILSON: @EOWilson
PRESERVING BIODIVERSITY IS AN ETHICAL IMPERATIVE http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-chameides/eo-wilson-preserving-biod_b_4803125.html
- ▶ FINANCIALIZING NATURE COULD BANKRUPT US ALL. OLD ECONOMIC OR SUSTAINING POLICY? http://sco.lt/8Y7sK9
AN URGENT MEMO TO THE WORLD http://thenaturaleye.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/an-urgent-memo-to-the-world/
CLIMATE CHANGE - A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION
SECRETARY KERRY DELIVERS POWER REMARKS ON CLIMATE CHANGE http://sco.lt/8JvN3Z
May 22, 2013 Mongabay
- ▶ UN INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY: Water and biodiversity pictures http://news.mongabay.com/2013/0522-water-and-biod-un.html
An Exquisite Dedication To the Stewards of Our Planet
▶ THE SIXTH MASS EXTINCTION IS UPON US http://sco.lt/4ywB3h
THE WISDOM OF GRANDMOTHERS
Vandana Shiva on Knowledge, Biodiversity & Sustainable Living — End Child Hunger - Gandhi For Children http://www.gandhiforchildren.org/vandana-shiva-knowledge-biodiversity-sustainable/