1.2K views | +0 today
70:20:10
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by Andrew Gerkens
Scoop.it!

The 702010 Interplay

The 702010 Interplay | 70:20:10 | Scoop.it
One barrier that often presents itself when moving an organization towards a 702010 framework is that the natural interplay between all is overlooked, weakening the whole proposition. Informal, Soc…
Andrew Gerkens's insight:

Experiential, social and formal learning are mutually supportive and interconnected. In this brief blog, Mark Britz highlights the interconnections, which are where the real opportunities lie (the sum is greater than the parts).

No comment yet.
Scooped by Andrew Gerkens
Scoop.it!

What’s the Problem with 70:20:10?

What’s the Problem with 70:20:10? | 70:20:10 | Scoop.it
Andrew Gerkens's insight:

Fantastic article by Mark Britz exploring some of the considerations/challenges/opportunities for 70:20:10. Make sure you read the comments. I particularly like this comment by Clark Quinn, 'The point is not to build the 70:20:10 brand, but instead to get folks to think outside the ‘courses’ model. 70:20:10 has proven to be useful for that purpose. If you have other ways, fine, but we need *something*'. 

I agree that 70:20:10 needs to be owned by the organisation, rather than be seen as an L&D initiative. I also believe strongly that 70:20:10 needs to be discussed using the stakeholder's language of work and working and not learners and learning. 70:20:10 is about how we build capability, how we build and share knowledge and how we support people to develop and perform. If we focus on capability and performance as outcomes and position 70:20:10 as a holistic means for getting there, we're in a much better position to get people on board and work together to bring the framework to life. 

With this in mind, maybe a simple exercise is to ask your executives to describe how we build and sustain capability, how we build and share knowledge, how we develop and engage talent…..

Maybe then the simplicity of 70:20:10 and its ability to connect a range of strategic challenges will become not only clear, but a burning organisational platform.

Follow up post from Mark:

http://markbritz.com/702010s-identity-crisis/#comment-165

No comment yet.