2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods)
234 views | +0 today
Follow
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by Alexis Brailas
Scoop.it!

The True Story Behind That Photo Of Keanu Reeves That Went Viral

The True Story Behind That Photo Of Keanu Reeves That Went Viral | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
About nine hours after I wrote about Keanu Reeves posting a picture and a wise statement on social media, it was brought to my attention that the entire thing was, in fact, a hoax. I was contacted by the webmaster of www.whoaisnotme.net, a Keanu fan page that has been around for quite some time, and have […]
Alexis Brailas's insight:
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Inside Facebook’s AI Machine – Backchannel

Inside Facebook’s AI Machine – Backchannel | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
Facebook’s Applied Machine Learning group helps Facebook see, talk, and understand. It may even root out fake news. At Backchannel, Steven Levy has an inside look at Facebook’s AI machine.
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

When Good Intentions Backfire – Data & Society: Points

When Good Intentions Backfire – Data & Society: Points | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
I am surrounded by people who are driven by good intentions. Educators who want to inform students, who passionately believe that people can be empowered through knowledge. Activists who have…
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Videos / ΣΤΕΓΗ

Videos / ΣΤΕΓΗ | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
Η ομιλία του Δασκαλάλκη στη Στέγη.
Τεχνητή νοημοσύνη και Ανθρώπινη ζωή.
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

The Networked Narratives Spine

The Networked Narratives Spine | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
The general structure and shape of the open Networked Narratives Course January – May, 2017… This open, experimental (and likely a bit weird course) is based on a Digital Storytelling g…
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

The mind-blowing AI announcement from Google that you probably missed.

The mind-blowing AI announcement from Google that you probably missed. | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
Disclaimer: I’m not an expert in neural networks or machine learning. Since originally writing this article, many people with far more expertise in these fields than myself have indicated that, while…
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

The NVivo Blog | QSR International

The NVivo Blog | QSR International | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
6 ways to make a start on thematic analysis of interview data in NVivo
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

When Things Go Viral and Everybody Wins

When Things Go Viral and Everybody Wins | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
An intrepid team of postdocs at the Santa Fe Institute pulled off a hell of a feat last week. They gleaned some useful insights into how fads, technology, and new words spread rapidly throughout the population—even faster than a deadly virus. And they did it all in just 72 hours.
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Happiness depends on health and friends, not money, says new study

Happiness depends on health and friends, not money, says new study | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
Landmark research says tackling mental health issues more effective than reducing poverty for increasing happiness rates
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Brian Cox Explains Why We'll Never Find Aliens

Brian Cox Explains Why We'll Never Find Aliens | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
it is not possible to run a world that has the power to destroy itself and that needs global collaborative solutions to prevent that,” Cox said.
it is not possible to run a world that has the power to destroy itself and that needs global collaborative solutions to prevent that,” Cox said.
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Cheap IOT Threatens The Internet – Monday Note

Cheap IOT Threatens The Internet – Monday Note | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
Once upon a time, if you wanted to try your hand in the personal computer hardware business, you would begin your journey with a trip to Tokyo’s Akihabara district. You could find anything imaginable…
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Why you think you’re right, even when you’re wrong

Why you think you’re right, even when you’re wrong | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
Are you a soldier or a scout?
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Your Samsung SmartTV Is Spying on You, Basically

Your Samsung SmartTV Is Spying on You, Basically | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
You may be loving your new Internet-connected television and its convenient voice-command feature—but did you know it’s recording everything you say and sending it to a third party?
"ακουγεται" τρομακτικό...
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

I’ll never bring my phone on an international flight again. Neither should you.

I’ll never bring my phone on an international flight again. Neither should you. | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
A few months ago I wrote about how you can encrypt your entire life in less than an hour. Well, all the security in the world can’t save you if someone has physical possession of your phone or laptop…
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

I Broke Up With Facebook And It Feels Amazing

I Broke Up With Facebook And It Feels Amazing | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
"Facebook, you’re no longer fun."
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

This is the most dangerous time for our planet | Stephen Hawking

This is the most dangerous time for our planet | Stephen Hawking | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
We can’t go on ignoring inequality, because we have the means to destroy our world but not to escape it
"We now have the technology to destroy the planet on which we live, but have not yet developed the ability to escape it"
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

How Algorithms Can Impact Online Civil Rights Movements | Center for Democracy & Technology

How Algorithms Can Impact Online Civil Rights Movements | Center for Democracy & Technology | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

The Past Futures of Howard Rheingold: – Howard Rheingold – Medium

The Past Futures of Howard Rheingold: – Howard Rheingold – Medium | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
In 1978, still interested in the topic of technology-amplified consciousness, I proposed to Playboy magazine that I write an article about the future of consciousness. They told me they would pay me…
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Λέξεις & Σκέψεις: Κωνσταντίνος Δασκαλάκης στη Στέγη

Λέξεις & Σκέψεις: Κωνσταντίνος Δασκαλάκης στη Στέγη | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
Ο Κωνσταντίνος Δασκαλάκης, καθηγητής στο MIT, έρχεται στις 12 Ιανουαρίου 2017 στη Στέγη για μία διάλεξη πάνω στην εξελισσόμενη επανάσταση στην τεχνητή νοημοσύνη.
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

‘Falsification’ ruled 20th-century science. Does it need revision in the 21st? | Aeon Videos

The 20th-century Austrian-British philosopher Karl Popper believed that any theory that was not ‘falsifiable’ – capable of being tested and proven incorrect – should be dismissed as unscientific. He was particularly critical of Marxist theory, which he believed was constantly being revised by its adherents to account for its failed predictions, and therefore could not possibly be scientific. The falsification principle is a cornerstone of the modern scientific method, but some contemporary scientists, cosmologists and philosophers believe it might need to be revised as they investigate concepts such as string theory and the multiverse, which come up against the limits of what is testable – at least for now.
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Teaching — It’s about Inspiration, Not Information – Tina Seelig – Medium

Teaching — It’s about Inspiration, Not Information – Tina Seelig – Medium | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
This is an important reminder that teaching is all about building a relationship with your students. In fact, in today’s world, when information is at our fingertips, we don’t need to go to school to…
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Wikipedia Is Not Therapy! – Backchannel

Wikipedia Is Not Therapy! – Backchannel | 2001 An Internet Odyssey (+ CyberMethods) | Scoop.it
One recent Tuesday night in the suburbs of Sydney, Elliott* was sitting in front of his home computer, editing Wikipedia and debating with a fellow volunteer who was continually undoing his hard work…
more...
No comment yet.
Scoop.it!

Advanced Organizational Communication: Monday Notes in Action

more...
No comment yet.