emagine
2 views | +0 today
Follow
emagine
Content related to the emagine group
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Rescooped by Khalid Muhammad from Public Relations & Social Marketing Insight
Scoop.it!

The Social Media Fog is Rolling In

The Social Media Fog is Rolling In | emagine | Scoop.it

Malcolm De Leo shows how to cut through the fog of Social Media and learn through the art of listening. ... What is the social media fog? It’s about what volume is doing to your marketing program. Think about it. Everyone gets the point that they need to be marketing in the social space. This is why pushing content still represents about 80% of efforts in social media programs, leaving only 20% for pull. Some might argue what the balance between pushing content and pulling information to garner insight is changing and I wouldn’t argue with that. The reality, however, is that this equilibrium remains unbalanced. And because many of us are still more concerned with pushing out their message to the market than understanding the market, there is risk in the strategy. Why? Because no one would argue that the volume of content is growing exponentially. If there was a word that was faster than exponentially, we would use it when discussing social data creation. This is where the social media fog comes in. WHAT IS THE SOCIAL MEDIA FOG? Your efforts to market under these conditions is guesswork (at best) without listening....


Via Jeff Domansky
more...
Jeff Domansky's curator insight, May 29, 2013 2:00 PM

Malcolm De Leo shows how to cut through the fog of Social Media and learn through the art of listening....

Chris Agro's curator insight, May 30, 2013 8:13 AM

This article shines light on the growth of content marketing and how to approach it for best results. Great marketing of any kind starts with listening.

Scooped by Khalid Muhammad
Scoop.it!

"Be smart. Be respectful. Be human." Retail social customer service case studies: Best Buy, M&S, Tesco, Next & Boots | eModeration

"Be smart. Be respectful. Be human." Retail social customer service case studies: Best Buy, M&S, Tesco, Next & Boots | eModeration | emagine | Scoop.it
Social customer service is under the spotlight. We look at UK and US retailers rated as the pick of the crop and see what lessons brands can learn from them. ("Be Smart. Be Human. Be Respectful." Great cases on retail social #customerservice.
more...
No comment yet.