Desalination
45 views | +0 today
Follow
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by jack
Scoop.it!

Solar-Powered Desalination Plant Brings Clean Water To Navajo Nation - Revmodo

Solar-Powered Desalination Plant Brings Clean Water To Navajo Nation - Revmodo | Desalination | Scoop.it

Arizona desert

 

 

 

 

 

 This article talked about a solar powered desalination plant that was to be built in an Arizona desert. This was a relief to locals because the nearest aquifer is polluted with toxins. The locals had to travel hundreds of miles in order to get water. Now with this new desalination plant they will have access to clean fresh water and won't have to travel far to get it.

 

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by jack
Scoop.it!

My scoop on Desalination

My scoop on Desalination | Desalination | Scoop.it

 

cup of salt water vs. cup of fresh water

 

 

Desalination is the process of taking the salt out of water. This new method will allow us to convert salt water into fresh water. Fresh water makes up only 3% of the total water on earth, the other 97% is salt water. We are polluting and consuming our fresh water at a high rate and could deplete it completely. If this were to happen the only water we would have left is salt water.

 

If we do not start to conserve our fresh water desalination would be the only way to go. This solution is expensive but energy efficient and it has a much larger water source to work with. At the rate fresh water is being used humans are going to have to convert oceans and seas into fresh water. Desalination is a  very useful process, but if we start to use our fresh water more carefully, we will not have to rely on this process.

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by jack
Scoop.it!

Desalinate sea water using 50 percent less energy

Desalinate sea water using 50 percent less energy | Desalination | Scoop.it

Scientist at desalination plant

 

 

 

 

 

Engineers working for Siemens, were using the method called desalination. This is the process of taking salt out of salt water to create fresh water. By using this method they were cutting energy consumption in half. The goal of this was to produce fresh drinking water for the human population.

 

more...
No comment yet.