[The total surface area required to fuel the world with nothing but solar is less than 500,000 square kilometers. Lets put this number in perspective.]
* This is roughly equal to the area of Spain.
* According to the United Nations 170,000 square kilometers of forest is destroyed each year. If we constructed solar farms at the same rate, we would be finished in 3 years.
* There are 1.2 million square kilometers of farmland in China. This is 2 1/2 times the area of solar farm required to power the world in 2030.
* The Saharan Desert is 9,064,958 square kilometers, or 18 times the total required area to fuel the world.
* If every nation were to embark on a state program of the scale of the US highway system we could be finished with the required infrastructure in 20-40 years.