It's much easier to take red wine to a dinner party - it will reliably pair with most main courses.
But what if you preferred white wines? While most white wines will only work for white meats and seafood, it doesn't always have to be the case.
Here are 10 white wines, all under £15, that will see you through some great meals.
- Cave de Lugny Macon Villages Blanc 2012, Burgundy, France - £8.49 from Wine Rack
- Clementine Chenin Blanc 2012, South Africa - £6.99 from Wine Rack (or £6 each when you buy 2)
- The Paddler Riesling 2012, Marlborough, New Zealand - £13.95 from fullaloveswines.co.uk
- Domaine des Aubuisieres Vouvray 2012, Loire, France - £9.99 from Majestic (or £8.99 each when you buy 2)
- Montenovo Godello 2012, Valdeorras, Spain - £11.99 from Majestic (or £9.99 each when you buy 2)
- Waimea Estate Pinot Gris 2012, Nelson, New Zealand - £13.49 from Majestic (or £10.79 each when you buy 2)
- Lammershoek Chenin Blanc 2010, Swartland, South Africa - £11.95 from Berry Bros & Rudd
- Villa Broglia Gavi 2012, Piedmont, Italy - £12.49 from Laithwaites
- Cono Sur Bicicleta Viognier 2012, Central Valley, Chile - £6 from Morrisons
- Poggio alle Rondini Verdicchio di Matelica 2012, Marche, Italy - This full bodied wine has hints of melon and apple, coupled with creamy minerality. There's some development to the wine already but there's also still quite a lot of fruit. It's perfect for something like seared pork chop with braised cabbage. - £8.99 from Majestic (or £6.99 each when you buy 2)