With nothing but the names of the four wines I was bringing, L’Apero’s team picked four cheeses to pair — plus a fifth wine and fifth cheese that, when our taste buds had settled, took home top prize. (Prices are for the wine.)
- Treana White 2010, with Bucheron Mont Chevre: Read More
- Falcone Family Vineyards Santa Maria Valley Chardonnay 2011, with Lou Bergier Pichin: Read More
- Mulderbosch Rose of Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, with Cave-Aged Gruyere: Read More
- Saladini Pilastri Rosso Piceno, with Villagio Provolone Picante: This organically grown blend of 70 percent sangiovese and 30 percent montepulciano proved a bit lighter than expected, but a nutty nose and zesty flavor managed to tackle the salty presence of this serious provolone. $11; saladinipilastri.it.
- Tanner Dafoe Syrah 1er Cru, with Camembert au Lait Cru: Read More