The trend of establishing and maintaining a personal brand has been a hot topic for some time with the public at large, traceable as far back as 1937 .... Unsurprisingly, personal branding has also caught on with librarians, notoriously preoccupied as we are with our professional image, both as we appear to fellow librarians and as we appear to others.
Establishing a Personal Brand: Five Questions to Ask Yourself
* What would an employer learn if he or she googled me?
* What kind of job am I looking for?
* What’s my personal mantra?
* If I asked my friends to describe me, what would they say?
* How can I make myself stand out in a crowded field?