"Is your primary intent in being in a relationship to get love, or is it to share your love with your beloved? If it's to get love -- due to your own self-abandonment -- then your challenge in attracting your beloved is to learn to love yourself and share your love.
Most of us would love to be in a loving, committed relationship. Yet, for many, this seems to be elusive. There are some good reasons for this.
1. We Attract at Our Common Level of Self-Abandonment or Self-Love
Do you abandon yourself in one or more of these four ways?
- Staying focused in your head rather than being present with your feelings in your body
- Judging yourself harshly, putting a lot of pressure on yourself
- Turning to various addictions to avoid your feelings and to fill up inner emptiness
- Making others responsible for your happiness and self-worth