Build engaged audiences through publishing by curation.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Twitter
Sign up with Linkedin
I don't have a Facebook, a Twitter or a LinkedIn account
Start a free trial of Scoop.it Business
From the history of beer to what to do with an empty, these infographics will provide you with a whole variety of knowledge about one of man’s most loved drinks: beer.
Are you sure you want to delete this scoop?
Where would we be without beer? You'll learn some amazing facts about beer in these 10 infographics. Here's just a taste ;-)
- Egyptian children were sometimes baptized with beer
- in the 1600s, midwives created ultra-strong beer to ease the pain of childbirth
- in 1773, the Sons of liberty gathered at the Green Dragon Tavern, had a few beers, and agreed to start a revolution
- annual beer consumption in the US is 22 gallons per person
- in the US today there are 1,482 craft breweries operating
- 9,000 BC Neolithic humans evolved from hunter gatherers to farmers. Was it the bread or the beer?
- 2,400 BC Sumerians invent the straw to avoid sediments in the bottom of beer
- Plato said: "He was a wise man who invented beer."
- takes 18 minutes to burn off the calories from a regular beer compared to 15 minutes for a pint of Guinness. Go figure.
I could go on but that would just make me thirsty for more. Just enjoy these 10 awesome infographics. Cheers!