A series of internal State Department emails obtained by Fox News shows some some of the initial assessments of last month's deadly consulate attack in Libya, including one email within hours of the attack that noted that the group Ansar al Sharia...
h/t Lori Wallach Boxer This broke a short time ago on Fox. I'm sure it'll be on Drudge before too long, and steamroll tomorrow.
Three time-stamped emails dispatched by the State Department's Operations Center to multiple government offices, including addresses at the White House--including the White House Situation room, the president's secure command post--Pentagon, intelligence community and FBI, on the afternoon of September 11.
The first email, timed at 4:05 p.m. Washington time (10:05 p.m. Benghazi time, 20-30 minutes after the attack had begun on the Benghazi mission) showed a subject line: "U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack" and the notation "SBU", meaning "Sensitive But Unclassified."
The text said the mission in Benghazi was under attack and that the Tripoli Embassy was reporting that approximately 20 armed people had fired shots and that explosions had been heard. It said that "Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support."
A second email, time-stamped EST 4:54 pm, with a subject line: "Update 1: U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi," said the Embassy in Tripoli reported that "the firing at the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi had stopped and the compound had been cleared." It said a "response team" was at the site attempting to locate missing personnel.
In my opinion, if the email alerting the White House, the Pentagon, the FBI, and the intelligence community, to the attack came in at 4:05pm, by 4:10pm our Air Force should have been in the air, ready to kill with pin-point precision everything and anything that moved outside that mission. Maybe, just maybe ... we'd have 4 living patriots today.
Obama should be impeached for lying to the country, and for the deaths of four great Americans. They didn't die "in the line of duty." They died because they didn't stand a chance ... because Obama never game them a chance. Per Reuters:
The brief emails also show how U.S. diplomats described the attack, even as it was still under way, to Washington.
U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Benghazi assault, which President Barack Obama and other U.S. officials ultimately acknowledged was a "terrorist" attack carried out by militants with suspected links to al Qaeda affiliates or sympathizers.
Administration spokesmen, including White House spokesman Jay Carney, citing an unclassified assessment prepared by the CIA, maintained for days that the attacks likely were a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim film.
While officials did mention the possible involvement of "extremists," they did not lay blame on any specific militant groups or possible links to al Qaeda or its affiliates until intelligence officials publicly alleged that on September 28.
The records obtained by Reuters consist of three emails dispatched by the State Department's Operations Center to multiple government offices, including addresses at the White House, Pentagon, intelligence community and FBI, on the afternoon of September 11.
A third email, also marked SBU and sent at 6:07 p.m. Washington time, carried the subject line: "Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack."
The message reported: "Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli."
While some information identifying recipients of this message was redacted from copies of the messages obtained by Reuters, a government source said that one of the addresses to which the message was sent was the White House Situation Room, the president's secure command post.
The worst of all is they died because Obama provided weapons to the 'rebels'/terrorists to kill Gaddaffi and now 10-20K rocket launchers are unaccounted for and the terrorists are emboldened. The weapons that likely killed the US Ambassador and three other Americans were probably supplied by the US/NATO!! In addition, previous reports show that a US drone was over the consulate and could have provided security/protection, but instead only gave the WH/Obama admin realtime viewing of what was happening. They watched them under attack and they died! US Relied on Muslim Brotherhood for Benghazi Consulate Security | FrontPage Magazine http://sco.lt/6Cy4gr Related:
State Dept has no comment on Sept. 12 CIA report that militants attack consulate http://sco.lt/89Tl8z
34 highly-trained security personnel moved out over a six month period from Libya http://sco.lt/8TQM53