8 lessons learned from an entrepreneur's first year as a CEO.
1. Identifying customer needs is only a fraction of the product-market-fit battle.
2. Nobody gives a sh't about what you are doing (at least at first).
3. Early evangelists are worth twice-- no, make that 3x-- their weight in gold.
4. Some people are just not that into you.
5. A full sales funnel cures all ills.
6. Don't sell the product-- sell what users can do with the product.
6. “Thought leaders” are like supermodels—great if you can land one, but…
7. Building product is waaay more fun than expected.
8. People will surprise you in awesome ways.