Rovi Corporation today announced the availability of an updated version of its MainConcept Codec SDK (Software Development Kit). Version 9 of the SDK will enable developers to quickly take advantage of many of the very latest codec and network streaming technologies, providing them with what they need to integrate video and audio compression functionality. Rovi, developer of the industry’s leading video and audio codec library, will demonstrate Codec SDK 9 in action at IBC 2011in Hall 5, Stand A31.
Codec SDK 9 demonstrates Rovi’s breadth of entertainment offerings, which include upstream production technology used to create and distribute entertainment. Rovi’s MainConcept technologies are used by top production and broadcast brands across a wide range of professional industries, from Hollywood authoring, IPTV and streaming media to security, medical and digital signage.
New features of MainConcept SDK include:
• H.264/AVC Encoder Wrapper: Enables rapid H.264/AVC implementation by providing a single API wrapper for all H.264/AVC encoders: CUDA, OpenCL, Intel Quick Sync Video, and H.264/AVC Software Encoder
• H.264/AVC Smart Rendering: Enables fast editing, trimming, and copying at any frame position without requiring a complete re-encode
• Enhanced Network Streaming Support: Features enhanced support for network streaming for Flash RTMP, DLNA Media Server/Renderer/Control Point and SIP IP conferencing
• VC-3 Encoding Support: VC-3 codec support including Avid DNxHD compliant MXF multiplexing
• Fragmented MP4 Support: Enables segmented streaming of an MP4 file as well as the multiplexing of multiple streams with different bitrates into a single MP4 file, essential for streaming in conditions with fluctuating bandwidths