Don't believe Woody Allen when he says the brain is his "second most favorite organ." Make it your favorite organ. Treat your brain as the creative, renewing center of your mind.
Frenzied? Harried? Drained? Zapped? That's the way most Americans feel these days. We are way over the top over-stimulated. The cure? Unplug to recharge your brain.
Matthew Edlund, M.D. gives us 8 helpful suggestions:
- Walk: Even 20-30 minutes allows new brain cells to grow
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours for optimum brain function
- Get out in Nature
- Get out of your comfort zone to boost creativity
- Use quick, active rest techniques
- Pay attention to your body clock
- Take breaks or you'll make mistakes
- Enjoy sex and grow more memory cells
"Treat your brain as the creative, wondrously renewing center of your mind and it will treat you well." Change your brain...change your life.