It takes consciousness to grow consciousness -- like fuel to a flame. The good news is that you already have it -- you simply need to add the fuel.
From Steve Pavlina, here are 10 ways to become more conscious:
- Accept truth. Whatever you are afraid to know lowers your consciousness.
- Have courage. It is the gatekeeper between unconscious growth and conscious growth.
- Search for signs of unconscious cruelty and disconnection in your life.
- Get clear about what you want; clarity focuses your mind.
- Improving your ability to concentrate will make you more conscious. Distraction lowers consciousness.
- First and foremost, know thyself; knowledge raises consciousness.
- Logic is a powerful tool of consciousness when used correctly.
- Seek out others you perceive to be at a higher level of consciousness than you are.
- Take care of your physical body -- your primary means of interacting with the world.
- Intention is fundamental. Be determined to raise your consciousness.