Note from the Editor of the Chronicle of Evidence-Based Mentoring:
The Chronicle of Evidence-Based Mentoring, a new online newsletter for sharing new findings and ideas about youth mentoring. This new channel represents a continuation of MENTOR’s Research Corner, with the goal of encouraging active dialogue around evidence-based practice in youth mentoring. With the Chronicle, I hope that we can create an open dialogue around new findings and, in doing so, improve the practice of youth mentoring.
As you can see, the Chronicle contains several features.
- The Research Corner—a blog, which will synthesize findings as they pertain to a single topic.
- Forum—a running commentary on mentoring research, policy, and practice, featuring the responses of guests with different views on the topic a question or topic.
- New Mentoring Research—summaries and implications of new youth mentoring findings.
- Research from Related Fields—summaries and implications of new findings from other fields (e.g., developmental psychology, public health, philosophy).
- Profiles in Mentoring—Q & A’s with the researchers whose work is featured. Readers will be introduced to a wide range of upcoming as well as more established researchers and practitioners.
- Practice Corner—featuring new practices, innovative programs, and mentoring providers’ views and activities.