This post therefore looks briefly at a core aspect of transmedia or experience design that is oft left out of the equation, the user need and how we can map out and create transmedia to meet those needs.
1. Does your work go beyond short term titillation (think 30 second ad spots, short films, virals or stunt marketing campaigns in shopping malls) and encourage repeat visits over many months?
2. Does it contain intimate, social and group building elements?
3. Is it a trusted, familiar environment to use and take part in?
4. Does it actually work, not fall over, most of the time?
5. Does it encourage user creativity, stimulate user ethics or open their minds to other worlds
6. Will they be rewarded through the respect of others?