"Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development wants to work with innovative storytellers willing to push the limits to create fully immersive worlds where guests can explore, play and discover deep narratives."
DEADLINE Dec.1st, 2012
The experience must have a narrative arc that tells a complete story
The story must be original in nature and may not use any existing intellectual property
The experience must take place simultaneously in a physical space and one of the following:
- Interactive Website
- Mobile (smartphone, tablet device, etc.)
- Another physical location
Other media formats and platforms are encouraged as well. Use your imagination!
- The experience could take place anywhere!
- Must run for a minimum of two weeks
- Must be appropriate for all ages
- Must be accessible for groups and individuals
- Must be able to accommodate at least 50 people/day
The following are Design Preferences, but are not required:
- Participatory experience where participants can affect, influence and change the story.
- Persistent experience that evolves over time.
- Can be designed, developed, implemented and run by Sept. 30, 2013
- Shouldn’t cost more than the GDP of any single nation to mount.