1. The Commons is Essential to Our Health, Security & Survival
2. Discovery of the Commons Signals a Shift from “Me” to “We” in Modern Society
3. The Commons is Not an Abstract Theory, But Rather an Organic Organizing Principle of Human Civilization
4. The Commons Faces More Threat Than Ever
5. A New Commons Movement is Emerging to Create a Brighter Future for Everyone
6. The Commons Offers Practical Solutions to Daunting Economic, Environmental and Social challenges
7. The Commons is Not Just History; It’s Central to Our Lives Today
8. The Commons is No Longer Seen as a Tragedy
9. The Commons is Not a New Name for Communism or Government Control
10. The Commons is a Key Ingredient to Human Happiness
11. Commoning Will Be a Hopeful New Trend
12. The Commons Needs Our Help. Here’s What You Can Do.
Start by noticing the commons all around you. This includes valuable assets we all need like ambulance service and the protection of watersheds. It also means recognizing the way people work together for the common good, such as Wikipedia or volunteer community groups.
The next step is to start talking about all that we share and how we share it. From there, it becomes natural to claim the commons, challenging threats to the common good in your community and around the world. After that you’re ready to strengthen and expand the commons in many capacities as a neighbor, citizen, activist, voter, parent, artist or social entrepreneur.