There is a growing consensus the world economy is in a lot more trouble than politicians and media talking heads are letting on.
The "Out With the Old" list is not a proposed agenda for politicians to adopt. They are too committed to the existing order to voluntarily make these changes. Rather, the end of these practices will come (and much of this is already happening) as pragmatic realities sink in. They are unsustainable Dead Ends, so they will not be sustained:
1. If You Can't Pay the Debt -- Don't! Debt that cannot be repaid, won't be repaid. This is hard for conscientous borrowers to accept, but reality takes hold.
2. Buy American, or Bye-Bye America. (Comment: In other words: buy local, everywhere ...)
3. The Empire Shrinks Back. (cut military spending ....)
4. Stop Heating the Outdoors. The centerpiece of the 7 unsustainable practices that will soon end is our wasteful use of fossil fuels -- oil, coal, and natural gas.
5. Cure "Sick-Care". Like a cancer, the cost of our nation's "health care" system has been growing out of control and is killing its host.
6. Repeal Laws that Mandate Opulence and Forbid Prosperity. As people are now seeking innovative solutions to adapt to new realities, we are constantly seeing reports of "stupid laws" getting in the way.
7. Drop the Shopping. We need to hit the pause button on thoughtless shopping. Stop the shopping in big-box stores that send profits out of our local communities. Stop buying poor quality crap made in foreign sweat shops, that falls apart and brings no joy or beauty into our lives.