Still the only lab focusing entirely on what happens after rough cut —- from locking picture to devising a distribution strategy -- the IFP Narrative Lab...
Here's a great bit on Mike Knowlton & Murmur Co:
Identify your transmedia form. A highlight for me at the Labs was listening to Murmur Company’s Mike Knowlton’s short presentation on getting started in transmedia. With more and more films having interactive and transmedia components — whether those are primarily marketing-focused or, hopefully, creative extensions of their film’s story worlds — many filmmakers are beginning to plan for more than just their feature films. But just as films have forms, so too do transmedia works. A transmedia extension of a feature film requires a reimagining of the expression of its content, and that reimagining can employ different models. At the Lab, Knowlton identified five predominant models for interactive, online and transmedia production today.
1. Crowdsourced. Examples: Life in a Day, Psych Slumber Party.
2. Real-time Conversations.YouTube Stars.
3. “Design With.”Johnny Cash Project, Star Wars Uncut.
4. Non-linear.Choose Your Own Adventure, Alma.
5. Personalized.Take this Lollipop, Wilderness Downtown....'