Transmedia 101 presents Jon Reiss: Think Outside the Box Office...
Taught by critically acclaimed filmmaker and author Jon Reiss, the Think Outside the Box Office (TOTBO) Full Day Master Class, presented by Transmedia 101, gives participants the knowledge and tools they need to create a distribution and marketing path for their films. This course is recommended not only for filmmakers who have finished films, but especially those who are in the early stages of a film project or who want to have a clear understanding of the radically changing landscape for distributing and marketing films.
Jon Reiss’ approach is a practical, step by step guide to create a unique distribution and marketing strategy for your film. During the master class participants will learn:
- Goal Assessment
- Audience Identification
- Ways to connect with and build an audience for your work.
- Social media, organizational partnership and crowdfunding essentials.
- How to create a robust Live Event/Theatrical release.
- How to create merchandise that audiences will want to buy.
- A new approach to conceptualizing digital rights and their monetization.
- How to coordinate the timing of their various rights & marketing strategies.
- How to integrate the exciting new world of transmedia into their work.
- What is a Producer of Marketing and Distribution & how they can help you.
Jon Reiss is a media strategist who helps filmmakers & companies navigate the new distribution and marketing landscape. He has worked with and consulted for the Sundance Institute, Screen Australia, Film Independent, Creative Scotland, The South Australian Film Corporation and numerous film schools and festivals to devise ways to educate and help independent filmmakers in the new economic landscape. He has conducted his TOTBO Master Classes over four continents, is the year-round distribution and marketing lab leader at the IFP Filmmaker Labs and the Director of the IFP PMD Labs he co-created with the IFP.
Register on Eventbrite! link on Transmedia101 site