From school classrooms to Apple product launches, slideshow presentations have quickly become the standard accompaniment to lectures. You can't give a speech without a slideshow, it seems. And they all feel same. Presentations are dominated by Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote, apps that are all but omnipresent.
"In 2014, the three pillars of SEO remain the same as they were in 2013; but I predict (and hope) that social media will come to be fully adopted as the third pillar by previously-skeptical business owners and marketers.
Content strategy, inbound links, and social media strategy are the three key elements to building a strong, successful SEO campaign, regardless of the industry".
So you've made your film... Now you start the biggest challenge of them all: getting it seen. We've complied a list of digital self-distribution platforms and asked each one why documentary filmmakers should pick their service over all the others.
Excerpt from article on Search Engine Watch: "Google's official position on webmaster best practices really hasn't changed much over the years. What has changed is the search engine's ability to enforce these guidelines through improved algorithms. The implementation of Panda, Penguin, and Hummingbird has had a profound impact on the SEO landscape.
In order to reach the top of the SERPs and stay there in 2013 and beyond, your website must deserve to be there. It needs to be the best in class. It must offer the best user experience in that niche. Fortunately, there are a number of free tools that can help you achieve that goal. (Here just is the list).
- Content Tools: 5. Anchor Text Over Optimization Tool 6. Convert Word Documents to Clean HTML 7. Copyscape
- Technical Tools: 8. Xenu's Link Sleuth 9. Robots.txt Generator 10. Robots.txt Checker 11. URI Valet 12. Title and Description Optimization Tool 13. Image SEO Tool 14. Schema Creator 15. Google Snippet Preview 16. Structured Data Testing Tool 17. XML Sitemap Generators 18. XML Sitemap Inspector 19. Pingdom Website Speed Tool 20. Fiddler 21. Microsoft Free SEO Toolkit..."
Adobe’s Photoshop is the gold standard when it comes to photo-editing software – the preferred tool for many graphic designers and photographers. But many of the complex features that once only a Photoshop pro could do, can now be achieved using basic, free software that comes with your computer or downloaded from the Web. Think cropping, resizing, color adjustments, filters, red-eye removal, and automatic enhancements.
In fact, a lot of useful photo-editing features are built into online photo-sharing sites like Google+ and Flickr. However, what if you want to quickly apply one or two effects without having to become a Photoshop guru? We’ve found and tested a few online alternatives that won’t require you to fire up any photo-editing apps....
If you are tired of looking for great alternatives to Prezi – look no further, because I have the ultimate comprehensive list of PowerPoint alternatives right here. No more boring presentations. With this list you can pick the perfect presentation tool or software for your presentation (be it on stage in-front of an audience or online for sharing).
We tested these 10 different alternatives to Prezi and PowerPoint and summarized what we thought about each one.
Once you control your brand reputation by dominating the entire first page of Google, what's next?
True online reputation management requires an understanding of a complex ecosystem of sites where users can potentially interact with your brand. This includes search engines, social media platforms, local search platforms (Yelp), and business accreditation sites (think BBB or Bizrate).
Owning the first page of Google is a great first step to a successful reputation management campaign; however, Google isn't the only game in town. Next up, you'll want to monopolize your brand real estate on the entire first page of Bing.
Excerpt from the article by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog: "Visitors who come to your site from Google are going to be different from the visitors that come to your site from Twitter.
So, how do you maximize your conversion rates? You will have to create landing pages that are tailored towards each of your marketing campaigns.
But before you head off and start creating your first landing page, there are 7 things you need to know:
1. Does your landing page copy match your marketing campaign? From your paid ads to organic search engine listings, your marketing copy should convey a similar message to the copy on your landing page.
2. Start with a solution: Every visitor who comes to your landing page has a problem. So, you should tell them how you are going to solve their problem.
3. Don’t forget your sub heading: Your headline states your solution, but it won’t be enough to convert visitors into customers. You need to provide a more detailed explanation of your solution through a sub-heading. You have less than 8 seconds to grab your visitor’s attention before they leave, so you want to make sure your sub-heading is descriptive and short.
4. Who are your customers and what are their use cases? A lot of visitors never end up purchasing because they aren’t sure if your solution is the right fit for them. You can solve this by clearly showing who should be using your product or service.
5. The proof is in the pudding: Always include stats and data to backup your claims. Yes, you may be selling the best weight loss product out there, but a thousand other companies are making that same claim. Get testimonials from your customers to back up the statements you are making.
6. Call to actions: You’ll have to do a lot of A/B testing with this one, but don’t forget to include call to actions. You’ll be surprised how many landing pages forget to add calls to action.
7. Trust elements: Not everyone is comfortable with making purchases on the web. Sure, Apple and Amazon don’t have issues, but you aren’t them. Your brand isn’t as well known, which is why trust elements are important..."
Neil Patel is going to share with us 11 strategies from his bag of tricks. Some of these tricks will be easy to implement while others will be time-consuming, but if you take the time to implement a handful of them, your search engine traffic will increase.