The new school year is upon us, which means it's time to go back to school and hit the books! Lucky for us, the iPhone and iPad are excellent devices, not only for study time but right in the classroom.
An amazing set of resources to explore the world's oceans in a 3D virtual environment. Swim with killer whales or drift along and watch sea turtles cruise by. You can even complete missions, including exploring the deepest place in the oceans.
Wixie is the award winning online authoring tool students can use to construct knowledge and communicate ideas. Today’s learners need a tool that is accessible whenever and wherever they are ready to learn! Students can use Wixie’s paint tools, text options, clip art, and voice recording to develop online storybooks, curriculum projects, and so much more.
- Wixie is a great tool for self-expression Combining artwork with text and voice recording makes Wixie the perfect canvas for today’s digital learners.
- Wixie motivates a wide range of learners Wixie helps all students produce high-level work, providing a sense of pride in their abilities and fostering the determination to achieve.
- Wixie helps students learn Creating with technology encourages thinking, creativity, and communication skills.
- Wixie helps students develop collaboration skills Wixie supports team-building and organization skills through real-time collaborative projects.
- Wixie supports strong school-to-home connections Everything created in Wixie is stored in the cloud and can be shared as easily as sending a URL by email.
"With more than 100,000 users, KinderTown is celebrating 100 days of being a top 100 educational appby releasing its new Learning Map feature. The Learning Map helps parents coordinate app play to focus on the subjects and skills most important to children in their early years. It acts as a guide for finding the best apps and what apps a child should play next."
There are several online tools that you as a teacher can use to host your students work and share them with the whole class and as well as parents. Below are some tools that can help you do that. Check them out.
Silly Sentence is a fun game to help students learn about adjectives, nouns, verbs and adverbs. Children play in a group and write on a piece of paper either an adjective, noun, verb or adverb without knowing what the previous student has written.
If you're a home-schooling parent, a teacher, publisher, school librarian, or simply a parent involved in your kid's education, my bet is that you've heard of common core standards, and IF by some chance you haven't...you ...
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.