Ben Fletcher at the University of Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom devised a study to get people to break their usual habits. Each day the subjects picked a different option from poles of contrasting behaviors — lively/quiet, introvert/extrovert, reactive/proactive — and behaved according to this assignment. So an introverted person, for example, would act as an extrovert for an entire day. Additionally, twice weekly, they had to stretch to behave in a way outside their usual life pattern – eating or reading something they would never have done.
“The box” is
o The result of programming and conditioning
o Self-created in adulthood
12 Principles of Change You are writing your own story:
1. Assess whether it’s working.
2. It takes the same energy to create any belief in your story.
3. Decide what you want.
4. Do you have specific, measurable goals?
5. Be consistent in your pursuit of your goals.
6. Small changes lead to big changes.
7. Break out of your comfort zone
8. Ask for feedback.
9. Get success insurance.
10. Take a chance.
11. It’s never too late to start.
12. Everything is OK in the end.
Remembrer : If it’s not OK, it’s not the end.