Community, more than any other factor, will transform the role of leaders and influence the development of workplace culture. Online social learning communities are redrawing the lines between leaders, employees, brands and culture. To ignore this force is to cede advantage to competitors. Being “social online” has real business value.
The article lits 5 ways in which online communties are changing cultures and notions of leadership:
1. Online learning communities are challenging the value of academic ‘brands’.
2. Online learning communities have leveled the financial playing field and advantaged learners, not purveyors of degrees.
3. Online learners are empowered, and they will change your culture.
4. Online learners are empowered, and they will change your culture.
5. Online social learning communities are changing the value of employer brands.
if leaders ignore or wait to see what happens they’ll have missed the wave. Be present, be a leader, protect your social and workplace culture. And empower your employees to learn, participate and grow.
Relevant, Insightful. 9/10