Perhaps no C-level position has undergone as many changes in expectations, approaches, and philosophies during the past few decades as that of the Chief Information Officer - CIO.
And the turbulent forces shaping businesses in today’s always-on global marketplace promise to accelerate that ongoing evolution. In that context, we have together a list of what I believe will be the top priorities for strategic CIOs in the coming year.
1) Simplify IT and Transform Your Spending: Kick the 80/20 Budget Habit.
2) Lead the Social Revolution: Drive the Social-Enabled Enterprise.
3) Unleash Your Company’s Intelligence: Create the Enterprise-Wide Opportunity Chain.
4) Embrace the Engagement Economy: Merge the Back Office and the Front Office into the Customer Office.
5) Future-Proof Your IT Architecture.
6) Upgrade “Cloud Strategy” to “Business Transformation Enabled by the Cloud.”
7) Transform Big Data into Big Insights, Big Vision, and Big Opportunities.
8) Preside over a Shotgun Wedding: Systems of Record Marry Systems of Engagement.
9) Lead with Speed: CIO as Chief Acceleration Officer.
10) Bend the Value Curve: More Innovation, Less Integration.
Via Paul Aneja - eTrends