Mobile web search is no longer of importance only to restaurants and retailers seeking to bring in more local street traffic.
t’s rapidly becoming imperative even for the big-data, desktop-centric B2B world.
Consider that, according to recent findings from the Pew Research Center:
• 86% of adults own a mobile phone (the percentage is even higher among business professionals), and more than half of them use their phones to access the Internet.
• Smart phones now outsell PCs.
• 28% of all Internet usage is on mobile phones.
• In sectors like travel, retail, and entertainment, mobile search queries have increased roughly 70% in the past year.
• B2B mobile web use still trails consumer search, but is growing rapidly. Anecdotally, one of our clients had 4% of all access to their corporate website come from smart phones last month; not a huge number, but that’s up from just 1% a year ago. Another launched a mobile version of its company website in March; traffic to it has surged 250% in the past six months.
While mobile site SEO has some similarities to traditional best practices, it also has many of its own unique requirements.
Here are a set of on-page, technical and link-building techniques to optimize a mobile website for search: http://www.business2community.com/seo/mobile-seo-how-to-search-optimize-mobile-websites-0295765