The SEO world is abuzz following the release of Penguin 2.0, though there have been several updates to the algorithm since it launched in April 2012.
Invest in quality content
Everything you create – both on and offsite - should have quality at its core. Invest in blogs, news, features, white papers, infographics, videos; but only if they are relevant and likely to have a real benefit to your customer base.
Invest in onsite content
Google rewards websites that publish content on their own websites. It is a key metric, and growing in importance, brands and businesses that fail to invest in developing onsite content strategies are not going to succeed online.
Use Google+ Authorship markup to gain even more authority in Google
Why use Google+?
- It immediately indexes your new content in Google.
- Create authority and respect in Google’s eyes – Google loves Google products.
- Generate more inbound links.
- Generate more social likes and shares.
- Build up your authorship and expertise in an emerging area for SEO.
- Add additional SEO power to your guest posts and blogger outreach.
- Cultivate business leads and be seen as a thought leader.
Amplify your content to create authority
It’s not about masses of poor quality inbound links – it’s about relevant, high value content and inbound links from relevant and quality sites and authors that share a story, is useful to your customer base and shareable. Social shares are very important for search success, but also in building your authority in Google’s eyes.
Increase traffic to your website