Gartner surveyed over 200 marketers from U.S.-based companies with more than $500 million in annual revenue, across six industries, to understand how they are allocating their budgets and which activities are contributing to their success.
- Finding No. 1: 10.4% of 2012 Revenue Was Spent on Marketing, and Budgets Will Increase 6% in 2013
- Finding No. 2: Digital Marketing Spending Averages 2.5% of Company Revenue
- Finding No. 3: Digital Advertising Accounts for 12.5% of Digital Marketing Budgets
- Finding No. 4: 41% of Marketers Say That Savings From Digital Marketing Are Reinvested
- Finding No. 5: Up to 50% of Digital Marketing Activities Are Outsourced
- Finding No. 6: 70% of Companies Surveyed Have a Chief Marketing Technologist — 80% of Them Report to Marketing
- Finding No. 7: The Top 3 Digital Marketing Activities Key to Marketing's Success — Corporate Website, Social Marketing and Digital Advertising