"What can a librarian or information professional by any other name do for your business? Besides the tradtional research, print and electronic collection management, knowledge management, and so on?
- publish articles in industry venues that advance recognition of your business and/or issues of importance to you,
- provide data management, data curation, and project management in support of helping you and your business to build on its own knowledge base and/or meet federal agency expectations for research management , if you receive federal funding for said research,
- offer GIS mapping of data and other information visualization skills,
- educate your staff by offering brown bag seminars, webinars, and other events on various timely topics,
- deliver regular industry-related news in various easy-to-digest formats for busy staff and managers,
- add great value to your technology committees or other IT-committees (think of the experience your librarian/info pro has with online research tools, electronic subscriptions, software tools, and the information-seeking needs of your staff),
and so much more!"
Via Karen du Toit