Tame The Web: Libraries and Technology: Steal this Idea: Flickr for Librarians: http://t.co/YKjGbKEB...
16 Ways To Use flickr @ Your Library, by Mickey Coalwell
1. Publicize EVENTS at your library with candid photos of activities and participants.
2. Present a collection of HISTORICAL PHOTOGRAPHS of a city, community, area, or building – how about your own library?
3. Highlight OUTREACH SERVICES such as a bookmobile or delivery vehicle, along with outreach staff and drivers.
4. Publicize a GAMING tournament or other teen event.
5. Show photographs from an AUTHOR SIGNING at your library.
6. Show the BANNED BOOKS DISPLAYS at your library.
7. Promote and share a CONFERENCE OR WORKSHOP.
8. Provide a VIRTUAL TOUR of your library facility.
9. Share photos of PARTIES AND CELEBRATIONS at the library.
10. Show pictures of regular COMMUNITY MEETINGS held at your library.
11. Provide a gallery of LIBRARY STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS.
12. Create WIKIS OR INSTRUCTIONAL WEB SITES for staff on library technical topics.
13. Promote your Friends group's FUNDRAISERS and BOOK SALES.
14. Create a VIRTUAL TRAVELOGUE of your city or town.
15. Post pictures of your ADMINISTRATORS OR LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
16. Show BOOK COVERS for reading lists or Readers' Advisory blogs.