Insightful points by AnnaLaura Brown:
"1. We will see a sharp increase in the number of libraries that have mobile friendly websites or library related applications for mobile phones.
2. More libraries will use youtube videos and other videos as a marketing channel and as an education medium.
3. We will see an increase in libraries using social media to educate rather than just to market resources and services.
4. Google Plus will increase in popularity and more libraries will develop pages on the site although Google Plus will still not be as popular as facebook.
5. More libraries will seek ways to create mobile apps for various uses and not just for the library website.
6. As more database vendors create mobile apps, libraries will be able to offer more services to patrons via mobile.
7. Book review sites such as Goodreads and Library Thing will be used by more libraries as tools for offering book reviews and for locating new books to read.
8. Libraries will adapt more open source programs for all aspects of running the library.
9. More libraries will find ways to use online gaming as a marketing and educational tool.
10. More libraries will use Google apps for a variety of functions including email."