"Director Lee Rainie gave a keynote address at the Internet Librarian conference that examined the potential role librarians can play in “learning communities” – both physical and virtual. Includes video and slides.
He looked at five questions that libraries face as they consider their role in communities:
1) What is the future of knowledge?
2) What is the future of reference expertise?
3) What is the future of public technology?
4) What is the future of learning spaces?
5) What is the future of community anchor institutions?
You can watch a video of his talk above or on UStream."