Dr Steve Matthews:
- "A belief that all that is needed is more information to solve their problems.
- Library leaders are afraid to market test anything.
- Too much emphasis on management at the expense of creativity.
- Complacency is the enemy of creativity.
- Short-term thinking focused too much on results that will satisfy funding authorities."
"Until library organizations – and librarians as a profession – become more creative in finding solutions to becoming more relevant to their community, we will continue to get the “Why do we need libraries?” question. Aren’t you tired of that question? I know I am."
For the full argument, read here: http://21stcenturylibrary.com/2012/08/20/why-libraries-are-not-creative-organizations/