Illustrator James Gurney learns Norman Rockwell Museum Archivist's top 10 tips: http://t.co/ZrjMtYfR...
A list of ten things working artists can do to make the life of future archivists and conservators a little happier:
1. Get art and books out of the basement and attic.
2. Store things flat and unfolded.
3. If you must use commercial tape, remove it as soon as you can.
4. Put paper works in acid-free folders.
5. Photocopy thermal faxes.
6. Sign and date each piece, even sketches.
7. Use pencil rather than pen or marker.
8. Keep art out of direct sun.
9. Shoot your art and store the shots elsewhere.
10. Back up your computer work.