GREAT MAN MADE RIVER PROJECT WATER IN HEART OF SAHARA!!!! For 4.5 MILLION LIBYANS!!!
Great Man made River Project
These are some Facts and Figures about GMRA :
- Approximately 500,000 pre-stressed concrete cylinder pipes have been manufactured to date.
- Approximately 500,000 pipes transported to date. Pipe transportation is continuous process and the work goes on day and night, distance traveled by the transporters is equivalent to the sun and back.
- Over 3,700 km of haul roads was constructed alongside the pipe line trench
to enable the heavy truck -- trailers to deliver pipe to the installation site Phase I Total Length 1,600 Km.
Phase II Total Length 2,155 Km.
- Volume of Trench Excavation 250 Million Cubic Meter.
- The amount of aggregate used in the project : 30,000,000 Ton.
Enough to Build 20 pyramids the size of the great pyramid of Khoufu.
- Total Weight of Cement used 7.0 Million Tones.
- Total Length of Pre-Stressing Wire 6.0 Million Kilometers
This would circle the Earth 280 times.