You might not think about common items found in almost every household that could lill your dog. But therer are several besides chocolate and antifreeze that could make your dog vey sick or even kill it.
Here are four of these potential dog killers.
Apples-When dogs consume large amounts of fruits such as applies, and even
apricots, these foods can be toxic to dogs. The most dangerous part of these
foods are the seeds, leaves and stems. This is because such fruits contain a
compound that is similar to cyanide.
Daffodils-Consumption in a dog may result in serious gastrointestinal
problems as well as low blood pressure, seizures, convulsion and tremors. Call your vet immediately.
Aspirin-Aspirin can also be toxic to dogs. This is because dogs, especially young
dogs, are not able to metabolize aspirin very quickly. It can result in difficulty with
blood clotting. Spontaneous bleeding may occur as a result as well as respiratory
problems and kidney failure. When aspirin consumption is suspected, speak to
your vet immediately.
Coffee grounds and beans-Dogs that eat coffee beans and grounds can
contract caffeine toxicity. The symptoms are often similar to chocolate toxicity and
can be even more serious.