Buffet's Startup Tips Are so important I created a @HaikuDeck for his tips and for implied startup tips such as:
* Multiple Money - don't depend on one income source.
* Spending - buying things you don't need means selling stuff you do...eventually.
* Savings - Save then spend not the other way around.
* Investment - Never put all eggs in one basket no matter how beautiful the egg. * Honesty - Honesty and character and lack of it are expensive and amplifed by money so don't expect from "cheap people".
A futuristic app uses Google Glass to add an extra layer of privacy for users withdrawing cash from ATM machines – by displaying a one-time personal identification number (PIN) which only the Glass user can see. Even attackers armed with Google Glass can’t decode the PIN – and watching users enter a PIN is useless, as it changes each time.
"Startups face tremendous pressure while competing with their bigger counterparts. They neither have large manpower nor big infrastructure. Social media can become an effective solution in helping them grow. This infographic shows how startups should utilize the power of social media."
Google is slowly but surely improving Google+ and trying to bring the social network to the masses. Yet some of Google+'s best features are less than obvious for both avid Google Plussers and those who are still wondering what the point of it is.
With the nonstop information being published online, people have to pick and choose what they read, share, and link to. Here's how to make sure your content is link-worthy, your site is easily searchable, and you send all the right signals to users.
Warren Buffet's tips for startups as Bill Gates says, "Stick 'em up". This Haiku Slide deck is heading toward 6,000 views and is #1 deck of mine among the 30 Haiku Decks I've created. Cool part is those decks now have over 35,000 views making them the best darn "blog" posts I "write".
Google has a new “Webmaster Help” video out. This time Matt Cutts discusses optimizing for the mobile web. Specifically, he takes on this submitted question: Is there a way to tell Google there is a mobile version of a page, so it can show the alternate page in mobile search results? Or similarly, that a page is responsive and the same URL works on mobile?
Classroom management is a challenging skill which I consistently strive to improve on a regular basis. Often, people believe that managing a classroom that has employed technology requires a whole new approach and skill set. However, I have found that many traditional methods of classroom management readily translate to the technological rich schoolroom – with some slight modification.
The Lean Startup Every entrepreneur and wannabe entrepreneur should read Eric Ries' The Lean Startup. Here are 6 Tips from the book:
* Build an "Innovation Factory" Using Lean Startup techniques.
* Validated Learning most important "product" in any startup. * Find what assumptions are BRILLIANT & which ones are CRAZY. * Create a testing & experimentation culture & experiment based on vision, core values and feedback.
* You don't know what "quality" is yet, so go early, ugly and fast and refine from feedback.
* Get Out of the Building meaning get your ideas in front of real customers as soon as possible.
Highly recommend The Lean Startup and not JUST for startups. Great book for intrepreneurs, people trying to innovate within Fortune 1,000 companies, too.