ORLANDO, Fla. - An Orlando mom has a warning for all parents after a freak accident.
Ebony Gibson's son, Demetrice, took a sip of water from an aluminum water bottle after gym class on Monday, and the unthinkable happened.
"He went in to have a drink and when he went to pull it away from his mouth, it just sucked his tongue in," she said.
Demetrice has been in the intensive care unit since Monday. Doctors had to surgically remove the bottle, then put Demetrice on a ventilator.
Gibson said the grooves inside the neck of the bottle cut up his tongue and lips.
Two years ago, the same thing happened to then six-year-old Mary Kate Person of Philadelphia. She was drinking out of an aluminum water bottle at lunch, when her tongue got stuck...
(click pic to watch video)