"Mural.ly is a new tool (still in beta, launched last week) that is a cross between Prezi and mind maps. It’s easy to use and share what you create (perfect for most students, teachers, and parents) but the real beauty of mural.ly is in its lack of structure.
What draws me to use the site is the ability to fluidly lay out all your ideas, thoughts, images, and whatever else you want on one simple board. It’s designed to be home to your random ideas, inspiration, and other thoughts."
A picture is worth a thousand words – based on this, infographics would carry hundreds of thousands of words, yet if you let a reader choose between a full-length 1000-word article and an infographic that needs a few scroll-downs, they’d probably...
A List of The Best Free Digital Storytelling Tools for Teachers.
Here some of the pluses of digital storytelling in education :
- It develops creativity and critical thinking Students who are shy or afraid to talk in class get a chance to speak out their minds
- It empowers students voice to deliver rich, deep message that is capable of conveying a powerful message.
- It helps students explore the meaning of their own experience, give value to it, and communicate that experience with others.
- It promotes the notions of life long learning and independent learning
- It develops students communicative skills It is a reflective process that helps students reflect upon their learning and find deep connections with the subject matter of a course or with an out-of-class experience.
- It fosters students sense of individuality It also gives students an opportunity to experiment with self-representation and establish their identityStudents creating digital stories develop proficiency with multimedia applications
Preceden makes it easy to build simple, powerful timelines
Mark Gleeson's insight:
5 Things You'll Love About Preceden1 Preceden's user friendly design makes it easy to create timelines in minutes2 You can organize your timelines into layers to keep similar events grouped together3 You can keep your timelines private or share them with the click of a button4 You can save your timeline as printable PDF files and embed your timeline on other websites5 Teachers can share their Preceden account with their students for easy use in the classroom"I was thrilled to stumble across Preceden, a web-based timeline creator. With a few clicks you can make an interesting timeline that includes milestones, images, links, and privacy controls. The timelines are interactive — just click and drag to advance or recede — and can even be printed or embedded in your website." - Creative Pro
Creating stopmotion and timelapse videos can be a good way for students to tell a story that they have developed. Stopmtion and timelapse videos can also be helpful when teachers are trying to help students see how a lengthy process like osmosis works. While good stopmotion and timelapse videos can take a long time to create, there are some tools that can make the process a little easier. Here are three stopmtion video creation tools that are worth trying.
PowToon is a brand new presentation tool that allows you to create animated presentations and cartoon style videos just by dragging and dropping. Laura Spencer's insight: Unfortunately, this tool is a bit pricey, but you can try it out for free.