The Serendipity of Connections
Discovery only has value if it allows us the ability to discover gems we are not looking for but which widen our horizons,…
|Scooped by Martin (Marty) Smith|
Today started a little on the rough side. It wasn't rough for the usual reasons Valentine's Day can be rough. It was rough because of a battle with a health care dragon and a concern about having enough money to create Cure Cancer Starter, our crowdfunding platform for cancer research.
Then in quick succession friends stepped in and stepped up giving, giving and giving some more. Here is a short summary of those gifts:
* Friend and fellow cancer survivor @MarkTraphagen shares SEO: Knowing The Unknowable my post from yesterday.
* My friend and great #SMM @1918 (Phil Buckley) told his followers they should be following Mark and me (@ScentTrail) this morning.
* Mark's recommendation forms a new connection with @DavidAmerland in England and he writes the awesome piece linked at the bottom of my Valentine note.
* I receive an email from new friends @RoswellPark and they provide amazing web development links for Cure Cancer Starter cutting dev costs and time by more than half.
* I met with my friends Eric and Cynthia Garrison at http://www.wte.net/ and they offer to help create @CureCancerStart.
* In about an hour @WRAL's amazing visual storyteller Scott Mason, The Tar Heel Traveler will come by to help craft a video about Cure Cancer Starter.
What an amazing Valentine's Day. What amazing friends.
Thank you, Happy Valentine's!