While the economy has not been kind to most new home builders, we have seen a surging interest in home energy management and energy improvement among homeowners.
Those builders and remodelers who have adopted a transparent green message have been quite successful.
- Urban density.
- Green multifamily homes.
- Energy upgrades.
- Deployment and testing of new materials.
- Consumer friendly home energy tracking devices.
- Energy education for commercial tenants.
- Transparency in home marketing.
- More accurate appraisals.
- Broader adoption of residential energy ratings for homes.
- Smart grid-compatible high-performance homes.