" Empowering future language learners: Formal and informal language learning through social media" Webinar recording available.
As the intensive use of new mobile technologies and social media constantly changes the landscape of language education, this webinar addresses challenges and controversies concerning the use of social media for language learning in formal and informal contexts.
- Are the borders between formal and informal language learning disappearing due to the increasing use of social media in formal education?
- How is the use of ICT and social media shaping new ways of language learning in formal and informal education contexts?
- How do language teachers cope with the incorporation of ICT in their classrooms?
- Do they receive enough training on how to innovate pedagogy through technology?
- Does the predominance of the English language in social media have a negative impact on the adoption of social media in teaching languages other than English?
Pierre-Antoine Ullmo, P.A.U. Education, Barcelona, Spain
Stylianos Mystakidis, University of Patras, Greece
Pere Arcas, Catalan TV, Barcelona, Spain