There’s no denying it, storytelling can seem challenging. But I’ve taken the stance that storytelling can be demystified and that anyone can do it.
Read the full article to find five tips for creating a culture of storytelling at your organization:
1. Communicate to all staff members what kind of stories you are looking for
2. Hold a staff meeting to openly discuss what storytelling is, why it matters and why all staff members play a vital role in it
3. Make time at your staff meetings to tell stories.
4. Schedule an ongoing time to casually meet with staff from programs to talk about updates from their work and utilize it as a time to probe into any interesting stories they might have.
5. Start your own story bank for future reference.
Via Kim Zinke (aka Gimli Goose), Karen Dietz