Prodigy is a free math game for Grades 1 - 8 that kids absolutely love! Learn over 300 critical math skills in our self-paced math game.
|Scooped by John Dalziel|
Prodigy - An environment for practising Maths Skills
Prodigy is a free, adaptive maths game that integrates 1st to 7th grade maths into a fantasy style game that learners will love playing.
Prodigy’s maths content is completely Canadian curriculum-aligned but is still suitable for use in the UK.
Prodigy takes game-based learning a step further, providing practitioners with a powerful set of reporting and assessment tools that allow them to easily...
- identify trouble spots,
- differentiate instruction, and
- better manage classroom time.
Elements of Prodigy practitioners will like are...
- The ability to track learner use and accuracy gives great information to help with evaluation of learners' maths abilities
- The ability to give assignments relevant to the maths students are doing in class allows for reinforcement of concepts taught
- The ability to differentiate assigned lessons for learners who need a challenge
Elements of Prodigy Maths Game that learners will enjoy are...
- Engaging in maths battles and earning new rewards, pets, and other items
- The ability to see how they are doing relative to their classmates
- Learners who struggle seek help from classmates in the top 5 instead of always going to the practitioner (Providing opportunities to enhance communication skills).
- Game questions align with the questions seen in face-to-face sessions.
- Additionally, since Prodigy is web-based students can play from anywhere on almost any device.
Prodigy’s personalized approach quickly identifies gaps in learners’ understanding and works with them by pulling them back to prerequisite skills and then scaffolding them forward through more difficult concepts.
As a web-based game, Prodigy can be accessed any time, any where and on virtually any device.
Ideal for Functional Skills and more.
Practitioners can sign-up their class for free in less than 2 minutes.